Source: IWCW Day 5: A Culture of Writing
Academic Writing and English Language Learners conference | Saint Mary’s University | Halifax
Global Methods – Local Practice
ELL Writing Pedagogy and Practice for Global Citizenship
April 29-30, 2016 | Saint Mary’s University | Halifax, Nova Scotia
Topics related to Academic Writing & English Language Learners welcome. Successful submissions will include immediate and practical applications with pedagogical and theoretical foundations that conference attendees can use within their academic communities. Sessions will be in a 30-min paper and 1-hour workshop format. Please indicate preference in your submission.
Questions for consideration may include, but are not limited to:
- Pedagogy and practice for multilingual classrooms
- ELL pedagogy relating to globalized students
- Learning community writing practice
- Technology in writing practice relating to ELLs
- Multimodal approaches to ELL writing instruction and practice
- Considerations of general teaching and learning practice to ELLs
We encourage participation from all academic fields and disciplines.
Please submit your 250 word proposals by March 7, 2016 via e-mail: email@example.com